Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Big Day




Bruin had his surgery this past Tuesday (17th). It was just a small procedure where they severed both of his Achilles tendons. It sounds so painful I know but he is such a calm little guy and has handled all of this really well. A lot of you have seen him since then and can see he is doing awesome. He has some new blue casts (that I call his leggings, I gave up on trying to match them to his outfit though) they are thicker and will be on for three weeks this time instead of just one like all the previous sets.


After this set he we wear braces on his feet for 23hrs a day for approx 3-4 months. Then he only has to wear the braces at night and naptime up until he enters kindergarden.

4 comments:

Ben and Darci said...

What an adorable little trooper! I remember thinking that Riley really took it like a man when he was circumcised...but that is nothing compared to this. I'm glad you have this blog...I didn't know this was going on. Good luck you guys.

Becca said...

Hey Stacy! I made a little birth announcement about Bruin on my blog (I hope you don't mind!)

Boy, he is super mellow! Can't wait to hold him at LD!

Unknown said...

Love your blog! I thought about Bruin all night with his new skateboard (shoes and braces). I hope he is adjusting and resting happy. Can't wait til you get pix of his skateboard on. Love, Grammy Yvonne

Danielle Smith said...

You don't know me, but my friend sent me a link to your blog because your son has been going through the same thing that my daughter is. It's nice to know there are other people out there who have had their children go through this all. Sometimes we can feel so alone in these things. Tomorrow my daughter is getting her 4th set of casts then next week will have the tendons clipped, I am a bit apprehensive about the whole thing.